Soft chewy homemade crust and the perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar make this the best cinnamon bun dessert pizza ever! A simple, delicious, must-make recipe for homemade pizza night.
Best Ever Cinnamon Bun Dessert Pizza
Ya’ll. This is the marriage of two of my favorite things: Pizza and cinnamon buns. Only FOUR ingredients make up this fabulous, quick-to-throw-together pizza. My Homemade pizza crust recipe makes THREE Crusts, so it’s perfect to whip up two savory pizzas and then top them off with this delicious dessert. Just try it and you’ll understand why I named it the best ever cinnamon bun dessert pizza.
Ingredients for cinnamon bun dessert pizza
Coming in hot with only FOUR magical ingredients:
- 1/2 Stick Butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup premixed cinnamon sugar- alternatively- 1/4 Cup Table sugar + 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
To make the best ever cinnamon bun pizza
First, simply melt the butter and spread it over the surface of the unbaked pizza crust. You can use a store-bought, premade crust. OR you can make my homemade crust using this easy Quick-Rise Recipe. Just be sure to omit the garlic and parmesan topping!
Okay after you’ve poured on the melted butter, give it a minute to soak in. Then, spread the cinnamon sugar over the melted butter. Leave a quarter inch on all the sides so that the cinnamon sugar doesn’t run off the pizza crust and into your oven.
I use this fun Cinnamon Toast Crunch seasoning blend that my husband found, which just happens to be a delicious cinnamon sugar. However, if you don’t have this, you can just make your own by using 1/4 Cup of Table sugar and 1 Tbsp of Ground Cinnamon.
Don’t be afraid to put it on thick. It’s going to be delicious. Are you excited yet??
Then, bake the crust for 15-20 minutes. Or until it is a nice golden brown. Watch closely to make sure the cinnamon sugar doesn’t burn.
Let the crust cool for 5 minutes before drizzling on the icing sugar.
While the crust is cooling, slowly stir in 1 Tbsp of the milk to the confection’s sugar. If the mixture is too thick, add in a little more until it reaches the desired consistency. You want it thick enough to stick to the back of your spoon, but thin enough to drizzle.
Finally, just cut and serve! How easy is that?!
FAQ about the best ever cinnamon bun pizza
Can I make these into cinnamon sticks? Certainly you can. Just cut them into strips.
Can I substitute the milk? You can use heavy cream, half and half, or water in place of the milk. Just add the liquid slowly to the powdered sugar so that you don’t make it too thin.
DID YOU MAKE IT? LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING A REVIEW BELOW OR TAGGING ME WITH A PIC ON INSTAGRAM @GOOD.TO.GATHER
Best Cinnamon Bun Dessert Pizza
- 1 Pizza Stone or baking sheet
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 1/4 Cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk or half & half
- First, simply melt the butter and spread it over the surface of the unbaked pizza crust. You can use a store-bought, premade crust. OR you can make my homemade crust using this easy Quick-Rise Recipe. Just be sure to omit the garlic and parmesan topping!1/2 stick salted butter
- Next, spread the cinnamon sugar all over the surface of the pizza dough. Leave a quarter inch margin so the sugar doesn't drip off!1/4 Cup cinnamon sugar
- Bake the pizza at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Or until the crust is golden brown. Watch the sugar so that it doesn't burn!
- Take the pizza out and let it cool for 5 minutes. While it is cooling, slowly mix together 1 Tbsp of milk with the Confectioners sugar. If it is too thick, add a little more milk until the icing is thin enough to drizzle.1 Cup Confectioners Sugar, 1-2 Tbsp milk
- Drizzle the icing all over the pizza and cut into slices. Serve warm!