This creamy buffalo chicken ranch pizza with homemade hand tossed crust is cheesy, tangy and delicious with a mild kick- a perfect addition to your homemade pizza night!
What is creamy buffalo Ranch chicken pizza?
If cheese pizza and buffalo wings had a baby, this would be the glorious offspring. This pizza is one part creamy ranch, one part tangy Frank’s Buffalo sauce, and one part gooey mozzarella cheese. Oh and one part deliciously chewy crust. How many parts does that make? Oh, oh! And the chicken! Don’t forget the savory chunks of sautéed chicken hidden in every bite! For my peeps who don’t like spice, this pizza is NOT HOT. It has a MILD kick to it, but the ranch and cheese balance out the heat perfectly. You can actually up the spice level if you like it a little hotter by adding a nice drizzle of Frank’s Original Redhot over the top. The two flavors pair nicely and it adds a little more heat.
Ingrdients for creamy buffalo chicken pizza
To make this AMAZINGLY cheesy, tangy, delicious pizza:
You can use my recipe for Quick-Rise Homemade Pizza Crust to prepare one- 13 inch unbaked pizza crust OR you can purchase a roll out crust from your local freezer section.
- One- 13 Inch Unbaked Pizza Crust
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1-2 Cups cooked, diced Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Franks Buffalo Sauce, halved
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan
Instructions for creamy buffalo chicken pizza
Step 1 : Prep the base of the crust for toppings
First, you’re going to poke holes in the crust with a fork so that the crust bakes evenly without producing air pockets. Then, pour the ranch onto the crust and spread evenly, leaving a quarter inch margin around the edges. Other than giving you a nice place to hold your pizza, this also keeps the toppings from sliding off onto the floor of your oven as it bakes. Then, drizzle 1/2 of the Franks Buffalo sauce onto the ranch.
Step 2: Add your toppings
Next up, add two cups of shredded mozzarella to the ranch and Buffalo covered crust. Then, add your chopped, fully cooked chicken and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Side note: How to cook the chicken for pizza topping
You can use shredded chicken, sautéed chicken, or even rotisserie chicken for the topping on this pizza. All three are delicious! But, for this pizza I chose to thinly chop my chicken and sauté it in a skillet with olive oil until tender. To season, I used a a simple sprinkle of garlic, salt, and pepper.
Finally, drizzle the remaining Franks over the top and sprinkle the parmesan over the top.
FAQ and substitutions
What is the difference between Buffalo sauce and Hot sauce? Buffalo sauce is milder and has a more smooth, buttery flavor than hot sauce.
Can I substitute other hot wing sauces? Yes! Of course, you can experiment with different sauces to create different flavor combinations. Franks is just my favorite traditional wing sauce, but there are other great ones out there! Let me know what you come up with!
Make I make this without the Chicken? Yes! The chicken is definitely optional, but you can adapt this to meet your dietary needs. For a veggie substitute, try subbing roasted cauliflower in for the chicken!
Can I use a different cheese? Some people use shredded provolone or White American cheese for Buffalo pizza, but I think the mild flavor of the mozzarella works best in this recipe.
DID YOU MAKE IT? LET ME KNOW BY LEAVING A REVIEW BELOW OR TAGGING ME WITH A PIC ON INSTAGRAM @GOOD.TO.GATHER
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza
- 1 13 inch unbaked pizza crust
- 3 Cups Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1-2 Cups Cooked, Diced Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan
- First of all, you're going to poke holes in the crust with a fork so that the crust bakes evenly without producing air pockets.1 13 inch unbaked pizza crust
- Then, pour the ranch onto the crust and spread evenly, leaving a quarter inch margin around the edges.1 Cup Ranch Dressing
- Then, drizzle 1/2 of the Franks Buffalo sauce onto the ranch.1/2 Cup Franks Buffalo Sauce
- Next , add two cups of shredded mozzarella to the ranch and Buffalo covered crust. Then, add your chopped, fully cooked chicken and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.3 Cups Mozzarella, 1-2 Cups Cooked, Diced Chicken
- Finally, drizzle the remaining Franks over the top and sprinkle the parmesan over the top.1/2 Cup Franks Buffalo Sauce, 1/2 Cup Parmesan