A soothing, hot cup of Earl Grey with lavender, cream, and organic maple syrup.
London fog with maple cream
Earl Grey is traditionally a black tea flavored with oil of Bergamot, which gives it a distinctively fruity aroma. It is one of the most popular tea choices among tea drinkers- right up there with Chai and Green tea, another two of my favorites as well. This London fog with maple cream is meant to be brewed strong and enjoyed slowly.
So Simple it’s barely a recipe
I hate to even call this a recipe it’s so simple, but these three magical ingredients combine to make one of my absolute favorite hot drinks. Traditionally, I think you’re supposed to add frothed milk to the tea. But I don’t own a milk frother and I really prefer the richness of thick, buttery cream. So that’s how I like to make this hot treat.
I like to easily “whip” my cream for hot drinks by shaking it in a small mason jar for a minute or two. It works perfectly and involves very little clean up. Also, you can store the extra for a second drink later!
Did you make it? Let me know by leaving a review below or tagging me with a pic on instagram @good.to.gather
London Fog (Earl Grey Latte)
- 1 bag Tazo Earl Grey, or your brand of choice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- Steep your Earl Grey up to five minutes.1 bag Tazo Earl Grey, or your brand of choice
- While the tea is steeping, mix together cream and maple in a mason jar. Shake until it reaches desired thickness. I like mine closer in thickness to whipped cream than milk. Add sweetened cream to your tea and enjoy!1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 tbsp organic maple syrup