These EASY oven-baked bird’s nests boast perfectly cooked eggs nestled into a buttery piece of whole wheat toast with a sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning and chopped green onion. The perfect healthy and filling breakfast!
Easy oven-baked bird’s nests
Breakfast comes hard and fast at my house with six little ones waking up hungry. That’s why these EASY oven-baked bird’s nests are one of my absolute go-to’s! They are quick and easy, full of protein and healthy complex carbohydrates, and delicious.
oven-baked bird’s nests
It only takes a few minutes to lay out the bread, cut out holes, and drop in the eggs. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, get creative! I always use the top off of a spice jar because it just happens to be the perfect size for a variety of things! But you can use a shot glass, small mouth mason jar, or traditional cookie cutter. Either way, be sure to save the little cutouts for a fun mini toast! My kids love to spread these with jam and nibble on them along with their bird’s nests.
After all your cutouts are done, simply brush the toast with butter or oil and pop in the oven to bake. Bake time will vary slightly because some ovens run hotter than others. But if you begin watching around the ten minute mark, you should come out with the eggs cooked through to your likeness. My whole family prefers slightly runny eggs, so we always pull ours out around the ten minute mark.
Don’t forget the seasoning
These are great with just a little salt and pepper, but I like to take it up a notch with the everything bagel seasoning from Sam’s Club and a handful of chopped green onions. These EASY oven-baked birds nests are a flavorful, healthy way to start your day, and a quick way to bake for a crowd!
Did you make it? Let me know by leaving a review below or tagging me with a pic on instagram @good.to.gather
Easy Oven-Baked Bird’s Nests
- 8 large Eggs
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 sprinkle everything bagel seasoning optional
- 1 sprinkle chopped green onion optional
- Preheat oven to 375*. On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out your eight pieces of bread and brush lightly with melted butter or olive oil.8 slices whole wheat bread, 2 Tbsp butter
- Using a circular cookie cutter or large seasoning lid, cut out the middle of each piece of toast. Lay the cut out aside. Don't throw it away!
- Crack an egg into each cut out piece of toast and place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. 8 minutes will produce a slightly runny yolk, whereas 10 minutes will be soft but cooked through. Baking time may vary so keep a close watch!8 large Eggs
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning and chopped green onion and enjoy!1 sprinkle everything bagel seasoning, 1 sprinkle chopped green onion